grid reference TM 296 724
opened 15th century
historic bar & restaurantSomething we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
- Mon-Fri: 1200-1500, 1800-2300
- Sat: 1200-2300
- Sun: 1200-1900
- Mon-Sat: 1200-1400, 1830-2100
- Sun: 1200-1500
regular real ales
Adnams Bitter, Broadside & guest beers [G] plus other Adnams seasonal beers [G]
listed building grade II
Local licensing authority for Laxfield is Mid Suffolk
CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.
last updated 19/02/2019
Laxfield King's Head (Low House)
Real Ale is available here
Gorams Mill Ln, IP13 8DW
Mid Anglia's newest Community Pub. Also popularly known as the "Low House", and bought from Adnams by local people in 2018, this timeless, multi-roomed & thatched building is a classic pub which is always worth a visit. The main room features listed high back settles set around a small fireplace, whilst the beer is served on gravity direct from a small tap room to rear. A separate dining room offers an interesting menu of locally sourced food & including a Sunday roast but NOT on Sunday evening. An enclosed garden & patio to rear is also available. Accommodation available in an outside building.
The pub can be difficult to find - just walk through churchyard and exit via lower street access, or use our navigation feature.
The building dates from the 16th century, with an 18th century extension.
In May 2018 the pub was taken over by members of the community, securing its future.
Beer served direct from the barrel by gravity
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Restaurant or separate dining area
Separate public bar
Traditional pub games available
Quiet pub - no electronic games, piped music or jukebox
Beer garden or other outside drinking area
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA members since 1978)