CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.last updated 06/11/2017
Beccles Horse and Groomhistorical era: Victorian / Edwardian
closed September 1880
Horse & Groom Ln or New Market
Closed roughly September 1880, when the license transferred to a new Horse & Groom on Caxton Road.
At present it isn't 100% clear if the pub fronted onto New Market (in which case it's been demolished) or on Horse and Groom Lane. Either way, it's clearly been demolished as new buildings seem to occupy the entire area.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Sep 1880 states that :
The license for this house was not renewed at the last licensing day as it was being used as a private house. The magistrate's certificate had been issued in the past to Messrs. Morse and Woods but in the future certificates would only be granted to occupiers of the house.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)