Cattawade is part of the Brantham parish
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 17/05/2017
Cattawade Griffinhistorical era: ancient
We don't know anything about this pub except a reference in the Ipswich Journal in 1778 as follows:
to be lett or sold, a Tenement with about 2 acres of land in the parish of Brantham near Catawade Bridges, formerly known by the Sign of the Griffin...Enquire of Mr. Willett, brewer in Ipswich.Ipswich Journal, 9th May 1778***
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)