loading
X
Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us

CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.

last updated 14/01/2017

Bury St Edmunds Three Pigeons

historical era: ancient

in the Market-Place

Overview | Historical info

A Main of Cocks at John Jeffrey's at the Three Pigeons in Bury.Ipswich Journal, 18 December 18th 1742***
A Main of Cocks at John Jeffre's House, the Three Pigeons in Bury.Ipswich Journal, March 2nd 1745***
A Main of Cocks at John Jeffre's, the Three Pigeons in Bury.Ipswich Journal, March 11th 1749***
A Main of Cocks at John Jeffre's, the Three Pidgeons in Bury.Ipswich Journal, January 20th 1750***
John Jeffree, who lately kept the Three Pidgeons in Bury is now removed to the Spread Eagle in the Butter-Market, late Mr John Tweed's, Cap-Maker and Taylor.Ipswich Journal, August 15th 1752***
John Place, Shoe-Maker, has taken the Three Pidgeons, Bury (and confirmed that he would continue both professions).Ipswich Journal, August 22nd 1752***
John Place, of the Three Pidgeons in the Market-Place, Bury St Edmunds, has now taken a Wine Licence.Ipswich Journal, July 6th 1754***


(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)