Scroll through other Debenham closed premises
Curiously, though the licensing records show this pub open in 1934, it's shown as "Hill House" on every available OS map, back as far as 1885.
According to the book "Samuel Dove's Debenham", Dove was told of this pub by Mr Pettit of Mickfield (who died in 1813). Dove puts its location when he was writing as "Hill House", so it seems it must originally have closed before 1860 (when Dove died) but perhaps reopened in the 20th century for a while?
last updated 21/05/2012
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)