loading
X
Photo of George

grid reference TL 964 742

Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us

CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.

last updated 18/09/2017

Stanton George

historical era: mid 20th century

closed between 1966 and 1976

George Hill

Overview | Gallery | Historical info | Public transport | Map

The George is shown on OS maps at least as late as 1966. By the 1975 sheet, it's shown as "George Hill House" so presumably closed some time between those dates.

It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. larger map

old OS map


(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.