loading
X
Photo of Harrow

grid reference TL 859 546

Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us

CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.

last updated 18/09/2017

Lawshall Harrow

historical era: mid 20th century

closed between 1958 and 1978?

Harrow Green

Overview | Gallery | Historical info | Public transport | Map

The Harrow was an imposing brick built 17th century pub with a substantial brick & flint Victorian extension.

It's shown on the 1958 OS map as "Harrow Inn (PH)", by the 1978 sheet it's just shown as "The Harrow", suggesting it had closed by then.

The pub can be seen on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. larger map

old OS map


(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(Some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** report reproduced with kind permission from Foxearth & District Local History Society)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.