loading
X
Photo of Falcon

grid reference TL 846 644

Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us

CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.

last updated 18/09/2017

Bury St Edmunds Falcon

historical era: 21st century

opened 1869

closed January 6th, 2012

58 Risbygate St, IP33 3AZ

Overview | Gallery | Historical info | Public transport | Map

A "U" shaped public bar and smaller lounge. There was a large garden.

Planning permission for redevelopment of this site was granted to Greene King in December 2011, the pub closed early in 2012. Despite rumours that it was to be converted into a mosque, the building is now residential.

It's shown (though not named) on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. larger map

old OS map


(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.