Stratford St Andrew
1 ancient pub
Population (2011) of Stratford St Andrew: 185.
Local licensing authority for Stratford St Andrew is Suffolk Coastal.
About Stratford St Andrew
The village name derives from a ford by which the Roman road crossed the River Alde. It was recorded in Domesday as "Straffort". Mill Lane marks the location of a post mill built about 1780, which worked until 1906. English Heritage records it as having been demolished in that year, but it can still be clearly seen in aerial photographs.
The Black Swan was only known about because it's mentioned as a former inn in the Listed Buildings Register. A little more research has identified its name.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.