Population (2011) of Sapiston: 178.
Local licensing authority for Sapiston is St Edmundsbury.
Small scattered village on the Black Bourn, close to Ixworth. It was recorded in Domesday as "Sapestuna". John Speed's 1610 map shows it as "Sapſton".
The Duke of Grafton built a National School here in 1841.
The name means "village of soap makers".
A possible ancient settlement has been postulated in the south of the parish, though no significant finds have surfaced.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.