Photo from Milden

closed premises

Useful links

Population (2011) of Milden: 101.

Local licensing authority for Milden is Babergh.

Overview | Gallery | Historical info | Map

About Milden

Milden was recorded in Domesday as "Mellinga" and appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Mildinge".

Milden Hall (not to be confused with Mildenhall) dates from the 18th century. Little now remains of Milden Castle, a small 12th century motte & bailey castle now called Foxburrow Hill.

Moat Farm, in Church Road, was the original home to Hawker Restorations, a company dedicated to restoring WW2 Hawker Hurricanes. They moved to Elmsett in 2017.


Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.