Population (2011) of Sotherton: 193.
Local licensing authority for Sotherton is Waveney district.
A scattered village near a tributary of river Blythe, recorded in Domesday as "Sudretuna". The Pest House was an infectious diseases hospital which stood in the extreme east of the parish. The dates it was built or closed aren't known, but it's documented as existing between 1903 and 1925. It's known to have been demolished by 1975. A Deserted Mediaeval village is believed to have stood between Sotherton Corner and the present A145.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.