Population (2011) of Cavenham: 136.
Local licensing authority for Cavenham is Forest Heath.
Now a dry parish, Cavenham was recorded in Domesday as "Canauatham" or "Kanauaham" and shown on John Speed's 1610 map as "Caneham". Cavenham Heath is a Site of Special Scientific Interest with a sand and gravel quarry.
Many ancient artefacts have been found around the village, including Mesolithic flint tools, a Palaeolithic handaxe, a late Saxon brooch and a Roman bronze figurine.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.