Population (2011) of Uggeshall: 145.
Local licensing authority for Uggeshall is Waveney district.
A scattered village, where the lord of the manor was once the Earl of Stradbroke and a "pleasure fair" used to be held here on Trinity Tuesdays. A post mill stood off the London Road until 1921.
Uggelshall was recorded in Domesday variously as "Ugghecala", "Uggecehala", "Uggiceheala", "Ulkesala" and "Wggessala". John Speed's 1610 map shows the village as "Vggeſhall".