St Michael South Elmham
Estimated population (2009) of St Michael South Elmham: 60.
Local licensing authority for St Michael South Elmham is Waveney district.
About St Michael South Elmham
One of a group of settlements to south of Bungay known collectively as "the Saints", which were recorded in Domesday variously as "Almeham", "Almaham", "Elmeham" and "Halmeham. A large post mill stood in the village from 1799. It stopped working in 1929 and was demolished in 1956.
St Michael South Elmham is one of only two "Thankful Villages" in Suffolk; not losing a single man in the Great War. (the other being Culpho). Remarkably, every man from the village who served in WWII also returned.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.