Ilketshall St Andrew
Population (2011) of Ilketshall St Andrew: 291.
Local licensing authority for Ilketshall St Andrew is Waveney district.
About Ilketshall St Andrew
In 1844 this parish contained 548 people. The Ilketshall vilages were recorded in Domesday as "Ilcheteshala". St Andrews appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "St Andros".
A Ipswich Journal newspaper article in 1839 refers to a Royal Oak of this parish - but we believe it to actually be the pub located in Ilketshall St Lawrence.
The 1910 Rates Book lists an un-named pub at Blacksmith's Common. This was probably the Butcher's Arms.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)