Population (2011) of Chattisham: 167.
Local licensing authority for Chattisham is Babergh.
Chattisham was owned by Henry VIII, who exchanged it in 1532 for the site of a leper hospital on which he built St James's Palace.
Although there are few records of the old beerhouse, it appears on the village sign.
The foundations of a smock windmill dating from 1867 can still be seen near the road towards Hintlesham. It was demolished round about 1950.
The village was recorded in Domesday as "Cedeberia" or "Cetessam".
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.