Now a dry parish. Also known as Brockley Green. Small hamlet, recorded in Domesday as "Brochola" or "Broclega".
Mill Road marks the location of a former post mill which was demolished in 1930.
Estimated population (2009) of Brockley: 300
Local licensing authority for Brockley is St Edmundsbury
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)