1 Real Ale pub
Population (2011) of Battisford: 458.
Local licensing authority for Battisford is Mid Suffolk.
St. Mary's is a small medieval church and was strongly associated with the Knights of St. John who once owned the nearby manor house. Battisford was recorded in Domesday as "Betesfort" and appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Bafforth".
Oak timbers from Battisford were used to rebuild the Royal Exchange after the Great Fire of London. Local rumour claims the existence of a tunnel between the church and Badley church.
The village sign was erected in 1994 to mark the centenary of the parish council.