1 Real Ale pub
Population (2011) of Yaxley: 588.
Local licensing authority for Yaxley is Mid Suffolk.
Means "cuckoo clearing" and stands on the Roman "Pye Street" which leads to Scole. The village was recorded in Domesday as "Iacheleia". The church contains a 17th cent. pulpit and sexton's wheel (used to determine fasting days).
Yaxley had a short-lived railway halt on the Mellis-Eye branch line. The station opened in December 1922 but closed in February 1931. Today, little sign of the old railway remains, apart from the bridge on Ipswich Road.