Bradfield St George
Population (2011) of Bradfield St George: 420.
Local licensing authority for Bradfield St George is St Edmundsbury.
About Bradfield St George
This is a scattered settlement based around a number of greens. The ancient Bradfield woods have been coppiced since the 13th century and are now managed by Suffolk Wildlife Trust. Nearby Monks' Wood is a deer park. Bradfield in general was recorded in Domesday as "Bradefelda". Bradfield St George appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Munkebradfeld".
A smock mill stood on the Felsham Road until it was demolished in 1943.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.