West Row is part of Mildenhall parish.
Population (2011) of Mildenhall parish: 10 315.
Local licensing authority for West Row is Forest Heath.
About West Row
Now a hamlet of Mildenhall, this is believed to have been an important Bronze Age site over 3500 years ago. Then early farmers occupied timber houses during the sumer months (possibly migrating south during the winter) and may have made ritual offerings into the river Lark. In 1942 a hoard of silverware was discovered near the site of a Roman villa. Today it is known as the Mildenhall Treasure and comprises of tableware, pictorial platters and early Christian baptismal spoons which can be seen in the British Museum.
The Fish & Duck was technically within this parish, but is listed under Burnt Fen as it was in the area known by that name.
Also see Beck Row, Burnt Fen, Holywell Row, Kenny Hill and Mildenhall. We have so far been unable to find a map showing the boundary of West Row, so only the Mildenhall parish boundary appears on our map.