4 closed premises
Closed brewery (post-1970)
Wangford is part of Wangford with Henham parish.
Population (2011) of Wangford with Henham parish: 591.
Local licensing authority for Wangford is Waveney district.
Set just off the A12 and overlooking marshes to the east this village contains the remains of a medieval Priory, once run by one of the few cells of Cluniac monks in the county. Millfields marks the location of a windmill believed to have burnt down in 1928. At one time, Wangford was one of the most important settlements in the area; a fact attested to by the grand-looking old Post Office (see gallery).
Wangford was recorded in Domesday as "Wamforda" or "Wankeforda".
A smaller village of the same name near Brandon may sometimes be confused with this one.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)