1 Real Ale pub
temporarily closed premises
Population (2011) of Tunstall: 513.
Local licensing authority for Tunstall is Suffolk Coastal.
The village is mainly modern in character, with few older houses of interest on the main road. Tunsall Common to the east is a prime example of Sandling heathland. Dunningworth was a parish in its own right until the 16th cent. Had a horse fair until 1912. All that now remains is the restored hall and Snape Maltings - See Snape for more details.
Mill Lane marks the location of a large post mill built in 1810, demolished in 1929.
Tunstall was recorded in Domesday as "Tunestal" and appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Dunnyngworth".
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.