1 Real Ale pub
Population (2011) of Preston-St-Mary: 177.
Local licensing authority for Preston-St-Mary is Babergh.
A village just west of the river Brett, recorded in Domesday as "Prestetune". It appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Preſton".
The village hall is housed in the old village school.
Priory farm was formerly owned by Trinity Priory in Ipswich and Preston Hall was owned by the Earls of Oxford for a long while. In the early 17th cent. it was the seat of Robert Ryce Esq. a great preserver of local antiquities. The hall dates from the 16th century, but is on the site of an earlier hall, of which no evidence or information remains.
The parish includes the hamlets of Rooksey Green and Whelp Street.