Population (2011) of Peasenhall: 517.
Local licensing authority for Peasenhall is Suffolk Coastal.
A 19th century industrial settlement, this was the home of the Suffolk Seed Drill Company, which manufactured the drill invented by owner James Smyth. The factory was against St Michael's north wall. The drill is featured on the village sign
A drain runs the length of the high street, politely called a brook, and more politely called the river Yox. The village was the scene of one of Suffolk's great crime mysteries in the early 20th century. A maid was murdered in the big house beside the church. A local man was arrested, but the jury could not reach a verdict. Copies of the book 'The Peasenhall Murder' can still be found in substantial quantities in local bookshops.
The unusual village hall dates from 1888 and was a gift to the village from James Josiah Smyth of the Suffolk Seed Drill Company. A probable Roman road has been identified running from Peasenhall to Pulham Market, though no signs of Roman settlements have been found at either end. Mill Road marks the site of a post mill dating from 1803, which worked until 1938 and was mostly demolished in 1957.
Peasenhall was recorded in Domesday variously as "Pesehala", "Pesehalla", "Pesenhala", "Pesehealle" and "Pisehalla". It appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Peſnall".
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.