1 Real Ale pub
Population (2011) of Occold: 519.
Local licensing authority for Occold is Mid Suffolk.
The name means "oak copse" attesting to the fact that the land here was well wooded before being converted to an agricultural prairie. Occold was recorded in Domesday as "Acolt" and appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Ockold".
Mill Road marks the location of a six storey, six sailed smock mill, apparently moved from Eye in about 1860. It was demolished soon after falling in to disuse in 1921, though the base remains.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.