Population (2011) of Marlesford: 233.
Local licensing authority for Marlesford is Suffolk Coastal.
The village lies just to the west of the A12, whilst the former pub and railway station can be seen alongside the main road. The Duke of Westminster once spent some time in a railway carriage here whilst on a tour of East Anglia. Marlesford was recorded in Domesday as "Merlesforda".
Mill lane marks the location of a post mill, the wreckage of which was removed in about 1930.
Marlesford Station was on the Framlingham branch line. It opened in June 1859 and closed in 1952. The building can still be seen from the A12.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.