1 Real Ale pub
Population (2011) of Little Thurlow: 249.
Local licensing authority for Little Thurlow is St Edmundsbury.
About Little Thurlow
The village is set in the midst of a conservation area and has several 17th century cottages. Sir Stephen Soame (1544-1619), Lord Mayor of London, was a resident of the parish. He left many legacies including almshouses for the poor and an endowed school. King Charles II is reputed to have played bowls at the hall. Also see Great Thurlow.
Recorded in Domesday (along with Great Thurlow) as "Tridlauua", "Tritlawa" or "Thrillauura". It appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Thurlow pua".
A large smock mill stood a short distance north of the Cock. It was built in 1865 but stopped working before WWI. The remains of the mill comprise part of the current-day Mill House.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.