1 Real Ale pub
Barningham in Domesday
Population (2011) of Barningham: 956.
Local licensing authority for Barningham is St Edmundsbury.
Barningham is an expanding village on the edge of the Brecks. It was recorded in Domesday as "Barnicham" and appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Beringham".
James Fison, founder of the now international pharmaceutical company, owned two windmills here in late 18th century. His son built an early steam powered mill (now moved to the US).
The Swan pub, originally in Barningham, is now in Coney Weston, due to boundary changes.