1 Real Ale pub
7 closed premises
1 putative ex pub
Population (2011) of Haughley: 1638.
Local licensing authority for Haughley is Mid Suffolk.
The centre of Haughley, particularly the village green, is dominated by attractive old cottages, with more modern housing around it. The village was recorded in Domesday as "Hagala".
The remains of a Norman castle with a moat can be found locally. The motte is now wooded but was once Hageneth castle - a name now used by local morris dancers. Haughley had an important market until the 16th Century when it suffered a serious fire. Mill Fields marks the site of an old post mill, which was destroyed by fire in August 1943.
Haughley Station was opened in July 1849 and was closed by Beeching in January 1967. It was the western-most station on the Mid-Suffolk Light Railway (Middy) which ran as far as Laxfield. Haughley Junction is at the intersection between the Norwich and Bury railway lines.
Haughley Green is a distinct settlement to the north of the main village on the Bacton Road.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.