Population (2011) of Hargrave: 310.
Local licensing authority for Hargrave is St Edmundsbury.
Hargrave has been a dry Parish since the Bull closed in 1995. It was recorded in Domesday variously as "Haregrave", "Eregrave", "Heregrave" and "Haragrava" and it appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Hargraue".
The parish is scattered around, with hamlets at Bird's End, Hargrave Green and Knowl Green.
The village is classed as "unsustainable" by the local council, which means that no house building is permitted.