1 Real Ale pub
Population (2011) of Great Finborough: 808.
Local licensing authority for Great Finborough is Mid Suffolk.
About Great Finborough
Great Finborough was originally an estate village, recorded in Domesday along with Little Finborough as "Fineburga". It appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Finboro magna".
The village hall bears a blue plaque (unveiled on BBC Music Day, June 15th 2017) remembering broadcaster John Peel, who lived in the village from 1971 until his death in 2004.
A tunnel from the hall kitchen to the kitchen garden meant that one 19th century squire did not have to see servants crossing his lawn.
The annual race of the bogmen is held locally on Easter Mondays.
Cox & Holbrook originally brewed in Great Finborough (from 1997) but moved to nearby Buxhall in 2001.