Population (2011) of Great Bradley: 431.
Local licensing authority for Great Bradley is St Edmundsbury.
About Great Bradley
Great Bradley has been a dry parish since the Fox closed in 1986. Bradley is derived from 'Broad Ley', Anglo Saxon for 'broad wood or clearing' and suggests that there was once much more woodland in the area. There is also evidence that the area has been lived in since the middle Stone Age about 5 000 years ago. Two Bronze Ages sites have also been found, with one being a single ring ditch and the other located near Bradley Park Wood.The village appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Bradley mag".
A tower mill, built in 1839 and demolished in 1949, stood on The Street, north of Water Lane.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.