Estimated population (2012) of Barking: 390.
Local licensing authority for Barking is Mid Suffolk.
Barking is a scattered settlement with a 50 acre common at the Tye. The village was a precursor to Needham Market. Several local woods are very ancient with rich ground flora. Barking was recorded in Domesday as "Berchingas" or "Berkinges" and appears on John Speed's 1610 map as "Berkings" (or possibly "Berkinga").
Sadly the village sign has been allowed to decay and now looks very tatty.
A smock mill used to stand close to the Ipswich Road but was demolished about 1920.
Historically the Lion was in Barking, but boundary changes mean it's now in Needham Market (even now, it's often referred to as the Barking Lion).
Darmsden was incorporated into Barking parish for many centuries. The two were split on December 20th 2012.
Some historical information from English Heritage's National Monuments Record.