Set up email newsletters
The Suffolk Real Ale guide can send you a monthly newsletter about pubs and breweries in the county. As we're also running a historic pub research project, your newsletter can (if you want) also include news about what we've been finding out.
A limited amount of this information is also available via our Twitter feeds - see the menu above.
Under the terms of the General Data Processing Regulation (GDPR), we must obtain your explicit consent to use the information you supply us with. Click here to read our statement of what data we hold and how we use it.
Current pub news includes
- General news about Suffolk pubs & breweries.
- News about CAMRA in Suffolk.
- Ipswich Real Ale Runabout schedules.
- News about this website: changes to the way it works, new features, etc.
- Forthcoming local beer festivals.
- New breweries in Suffolk and surrounding counties.
- New beers brewed by Suffolk breweries.
- Pub news
- Pubs that have closed.
- Pubs that have re-opened (or are expected to do so soon).
- Pubs with new photographs.
- Pubs that have stopped selling Real Ale.
- Former fizz-only pubs now selling Real Ale.
- Pubs where other details have changed.
Historical news includes
- News from the pub history group, including a schedule of forthcoming meetings.
- News about any research of particular interest that we've been doing.
- Newly discovered historical pubs.
- Old pubs whose location we've finally managed to locate.
- Old pubs with new photographs.
- Old pubs with updated information.
Data processing statement
Data we hold
- Your email address.
- Your password.
- Your subscription type.
- Your preferred email format.
- Whether or not you have confirmed your subscription.
What we use your data for
- To send you our monthly news email, in accordance with your chosen options.
- (Very rarely) to inform you of important changes to the mailout or anything we are legally required to inform you of.
Who we share your data with
- Nobody. Unless we have to in order to comply with a legal requirement.
Deleting your data
Please go to our email maintenance page, log in and cancel your subscription. Your details will immediately be removed from our live database. Please note though that it may take a while for backups taken by our hosting company to reflect this change; this is something we cannot control.