Nayland is part of the Nayland with Wissington parish
Local licensing authority for Nayland is Babergh
Reported as having been "at the Butts behind the churcn".
Operated by various members of the Cuddon family from before 1844.
In 1844 Mary ?? and Mrs Susan ?? are listed as brewers & maltsters.
The 1855 White's Directory lists James Cudden as a brewer & maltster.
In 1865 James Cuddon is listed as a brewer.
In 1869 Cuddon & co are listed as brewers
The 1874 White's Directory lists Samuel Thomas & Philip Cuddon as brewers & maltsters.
In 1912 Thomas Cuddon is listed as a brewer & maltster
Closure in 1918, when it was sold along with 10 pubs for £7000 to the Colchester Brewing Co Ltd.
Brewery has since been demolished.