Local beer festivals
Local Camra branches organise several festivals each year.
- East Anglian beer festival at the Apex in Bury St Edmunds (April)
- Festival of Beer and Brewing at the Museum of East Anglian Life in Stowmarket (June).
- Ipswich beer festival - new dates and venue to be announced.
There are also various other Camra organised events (see national website). Many of these are held in adjacent counties and are easy to get to from Suffolk. These include: Cambridge (late May), Chelmsford (Mid July and mid February), Clacton (late August), Chappel & Wakes Colne (early September), Colchester (May/July), Harwich (early December), Norwich (late October), Peterborough (late August), Rochford (early December).
See our branch diary for the actual dates.
There are also many local pub-organised beer festivals held in or close to Suffolk (See individual pub websites for up-to-date information)
- Hundon Plough - held over easter weekend and in September.
- Edwardstone White Horse - with dark beers and held over the May Day weekend, plus a beer & Eddyfest music & beer festival in early September.
- Bildeston King's Head - festivals held on Whit weekend.
- Ipswich Dove Street Inn - three annual festivals in May, August and November.
- Framlingham Station - festival held mid July.
- Woodbridge Cherry Tree - festival held in May.
- Lowestoft Triangle Tavern - festivals held in June and Late December.
- Woodbridge Olde Bell & Steelyard - festival held in August (with cheese).
- Larling Angel - festival held in early August.
- Rendham White Horse - festival held August bank holiday.
- Bury St Edmunds Old Cannon - festival held August bank holiday.
- Walberswick Anchor - festival held in December
Contact Nigel Smith to update or add to these dates.