A variety of campaigns are arranged during the year by the Ipswich & East Suffolk branch to help promote a greater awareness in local pubs and responsible beer drinking issues - many of the details can be found in our local magazine Last Orders.
- Runabout buses - visiting rural pubs using buses. (Tickets available to members and non-members from Ipswich Buses).
- LocAle - promoting better availability of local beers in pubs. (any local pub wishing to get involved in this scheme should contact us).
- protecting local pubs where the pub is treatened with closure - where a local pub is under threat and a group of local drinkers seek to keep it open - we may be able to assist in supporting the pub by helping to get it listed as an asset of community value (ACV) and giving advise and publicity to any subsequent local campaign it reopening the venue as a commercial venture
- Disability access in local pubs (updated annually).
- Local beer festivals - supporting local brewers. (Get involved with helping to organise and run a local beer festival).
- Good Beer Guide and Pub of the year selection